Sunday, 10 July 2011

E-commerce Project Proposal

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]

New Graphic Designer - trying to figure out pricing?

Have a potential lead on a client that wants a simple e-commerce site. I said that I would give him a proposal - but have no idea what to charge him (it's a 16 page site, and wants 3 pages to have a shopping cart ability). The design would be simple CSS - and probably some Flash for the banner and buttons. He wants the "wow" effect - but not willing to spend a lot (although his budget is better than many I have seen).

How to I go about trying to price this project? As for the e-commerce - it's something I want to do but have never done - and this is 'trial by fire'. I have also never succesfully done a shopping cart... but sooooo want to learn.

Any ideas on pricing and e-commerce issue?


I have seen this before. I am a professional developer and here are my rules for doing stuff like this. Figure out the number of hours it will take you to finish the project. E-commerce is integrated with many CMS packages like MojoPortal. You are far better off using one of those than coding a new solution from scratch. I digress, you need to figure out the amount of work you are going to do and change by the hour.

I say this for a reason. Unless the client knows *exactly* what they want to do, they will have a tendency to drift the scope of the project. If they continue to drift the scope on a flat rate project, the more money you are out. I really hope this helps.


US Chamber of Commerce, HBGary and Hunton & Williams Caught in Domestic Spy Plot









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="5"]e-commerce project proposal[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="3"]e-commerce project proposal[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment