Tuesday, 9 November 2010

E Commerce Implementation

[simpleaffiliate source="chitika" results="0"][/simpleaffiliate]
e commerce implementation
Which is the best for implementation of a database driven website ? php5 or ASP.NET ?

I ask because I'm building a powerful robust e-commerce site for a friend who runs a medium sized business (which will become global in a decades time) , and instead of forking out $$$ on a web developer, hes asked me to plan,build and maintain it for him - i get paid of course.

I love both web technologies, yet I struggle to come to terms with being able to choose one over the other, there are so many joyful things you can do in php , likewise, same applies with microsofts .net framework.

i dont know the pros and cons of either, and their advantages over each other, but the site im building will sell ornaments, statuettes, african tribal masks, oriental decor, authentic persian rugs, and a lot of cool stuff dealing with the occult. I have a SNEAKY feeling ASP.NET is the route to go, as microsoft heavily supports it and microsoft aint going no where for a while. which should i choose to build this site ?


I haven't used php5, but I've done quite a bit with ASP.NET and found it extremely quick to learn and easy to use. It's true that not all ISPs support it, the server-side software is expensive. However it's not true that it's expensive for you...Microsoft provide Express versions of C#, C++, Web Developer and SQL Server which can be used without license restrictions for commercial purposes. I use the commercial versions at work and the Express versions at home, the only thing I miss in the Express versions is the macro editor, but I can live with it.


How ThreatMetrix Helps Companies Stop Web Fraud and Enable E-Commerce









[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="5"]e commerce implementation[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="3"]e commerce implementation[/simpleaffiliate]

No comments:

Post a Comment