I'm thinking of moving from UK to somewhere in New England USA....?
I've just recently decided that the UK is too small and way overly populated so I'm extending my property search to include somewhere in the US. But I've been so used to watching such a small property market that I wouldn't even know where to begin with looking in america, I would be spoilt for choice.
Now, I've got something in mind, I want something similar to that town in Gilmore Girls, very small rural old village/colonial towns, I'm guessing it's somewhere in New Hampshire/New England and after doing some internet research on the area I've fallen in love with it before I've even experienced it. The thing is New England alone is such a HUGE area compared to the UK and I am lost in guessing where to look for pretty little villages.
Has anyone got any ideas, or know he area quite well and give me any advice? The US is GINORMOUS!
I am also planning a trip this summer for a week to visit the area, but again, I don't know where to start looking.
Please HELP!
Unless you are independently wealthy you will need a job + a work visa to move to the USA. You need a sponsor (employer) for a work visa - you can't apply for one on your own.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_1750.html
Check with US companies in the UK and UK companies with offices in the USA. For example, Hilton and Marriott hire international staff as interns.
UK citizens can visit the USA for up to 90 days as a tourist, so you could travel for interviews & tests if necessary.
https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/
http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html
http://www.usembassy.org.uk/visaservices/?p=129
Search "international exchange programs USA" and there should be many links to programs that offer temporary and seasonal work in the US. Examples are:
http://www.ccusa.com/country.aspx
http://yummyjobs.com/
http://www.bunac.org/uk/workamerica/
Do carefully check any programs you might be interested in as not all of them are a good deal.
Another option is to go to school in the USA. UK citizens can more easily get a US student visa and you MAY be able to work on-campus. Having a USA university diploma or certificate will make applying for jobs easier, and going to school in the US will help you decide if you really want to move here.
www.collegesintheusa.com/
If you decide to go to university in the USA the first step is to identify several schools you might want to attend and make contact with their offices of international students
For example: (though not in New England)
http://global.tulane.edu/oiss/
http://oiss.uno.edu/
Note that it is equally or even more difficult for an American to move to the UK.
Good luck!
Internet Marketing in Surrey, Hampshire & Berkshire
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="5"]internet marketing hampshire[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]internet marketing hampshire[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment