Out of Country Purchases?
My boyfriend is in the Market for my engagement ring. We are from the United States, but he is currently going to University in Glasgow, Scotland. There are several different questions I have about him purchasing a ring, both in Scotland, and over the internet from a US vendor.
1) If he were to purchase a ring in the UK (at a local vendor), would he be charged taxes in both countries? Also, would I be able to wear the ring home, while he stays there, and he just show his reciept at customs when he returns to the US..or would I have to have the reciept?
2) If he were to purchase an Engagment Ring over the internet say, on a US jewelry website, would he be charged any additional fees (other than international shipping from the vendor)? I've heard of the UK mail system holding packages that are costly. Can you please explain more about this.
We are getting engaged in Italy, but with the American Dollar so weak in Europe, we would like to purchase it from an American Vendor.
1) You will not be charged tax by customs. Customs is for items whose country of origin is not that country. There is no reason to declare the ring then. Have you ever been through customs before? Its not like they inspect you if you know what I mean. You dont need to declare every little thing. Honestly they dont have time for that. They have bigger fish to fry.
2) It is possible that Scotland will charge a tax upon receipt of the ring from the US. Your boyfriend should be prepared to pay that tax if there is one. But I think it will depend on the final cost of the ring.
Internet Marketing Glasgow - Types of Optimisation - Video 4 of 10
[simpleaffiliate source="amazon" results="5"]internet marketing glasgow[/simpleaffiliate]
[simpleaffiliate source="clickbank" results="5"]internet marketing glasgow[/simpleaffiliate]
No comments:
Post a Comment